Sunday, April 24, 2016

Patience

I just got back from Paducah, KY where I attended the AQS show and many other exhibits and shops.  It was so inspiring.  I decided to reevaluate my quilt, "Christina", since it was not accepted into the Paducah show.  I hope to try again in other shows.  


Here is the background quilting that just never felt right.  I looked and looked for a better design and finally found one at Hobby Lobby in the wall stencil area.  

So with much "patience", I started ripping out those background designs.  It takes a long time...


Got one part done and couldn't wait to try my new motif...



Ahhhh, so much better!!   I will continue this design throughout the quilt.  I know I will be a lot happier with it.
Now to figure out how to make my borders better, hmmmm

Meanwhile, I have been fmq-ing my niece's wedding siggy quilt.  Almost finished. Here's a teaser:


“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” 
― A.A. MilneWinnie-the-Pooh



2 comments:

  1. Your quilting looked wonderful before and now it will be awesome! Ripping out stitches is not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karen
    I can't believe you did all that ripping out, but I agree that the new quilting design is much more eye-catching. Looking forward to seeing the wedding quilt!
    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!
    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete