Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I am at the airport on my way home from the Empty Spools Seminar in Pacific Grove California.  Would you like to see some pictures?  Keep going then....
 this is Asilomar, the resort where the conference is held as viewed from the beach on a foggy morning.

this is the studio where I and 14 other women took a dye painting class with Hollis Chatelain.
There were 10 or 11 other teachers at this conference, some with 20 or more students.

I went not knowing anyone, so really lucked out to meet my talented and beautiful roommate, Christina. This pic was taken on our last morning, so we are looking a little frazzled.  We were exhausted.  
Carol made this wonderful painted quilt of her rascally hound, Pistol.  It is a wonderful image of his pitiful look, he knew he was out of bounds.  Look at those eyes...

Jan Ring from Florida painted a beautiful flower.   We all painted three pieces, but I'm just showing some that I was given permission to post about.

Barbara from Florida depicted a photo of her grandson running on the beach, wonderful.

 We all admired Mary's painted image from an old Christmas card that she has held on to for years.


This is my painted fabric piece.  My brother-in-law took this photo with his underwater camera.  Those are bubbles in her nostrils... I will work to depict that with paint or something...
I took advantage of a ride along the 17 mile scenic highway on the Monterey Peninsula and got to ride along with my new Florida friends, Jan and Mary, (Barbara was taking the picture).  We saw beautiful Carmel, Pacific Grove and Pebble Beach.  The coastline was beautiful and the homes and flowers were out of this world.

This conference seemed to me to be for those who are very artistic and creative quilters, or those who are wannabe art quilters - like me!  I was wowed at the work done by all the teachers and students and can't wait to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment